Módulo Prestashop – Advanced Editor Htaccess (Manual usuario – Inglés)
Advanced Editor Htaccess (EN)
You have two options to upload the module:
- By FTP: You have to unzip the module file and upload to /modules folder in your Prestashop directory.
- By Back-office: Go to Modules and services tab and click on “Add new module”, and then select the zip module file and click on “Upload this module”. See picture.
In the configuration section, you can find only the user’s manual in all the available languages.
- Editor theme:You can choose from 47 available themes to give a touch of style to the custom code editor .htaccess.
- Increase website performance: This option inserts an advanced code in the .htaccess file. This code caches the different files of your store, configures the expiration, controls the compression of the elements, etc… With this option you get a considerable increase in the performance of the web.
- Optimize your Back-Office: This option installs an .htaccess file in the store’s admin directory. This file contains advanced guidelines to increase the performance of your Back-Office.
IMPORTANT: If the changes made in the Back-Office are not made effective when saving the changes, you must delete this created file and clean the browser cache.
- Protect .htaccess file: This option inserts a special code in the .htaccess file that protects this file in case of unauthorized access by hackers.
This section contains a text editor with special syntax to be able to edit custom code in your .htaccess.
When a code is customized, it will be added to the one that already exists in the .htaccess file, so this function will never delete custom code in the .htaccess file made by other modules or by the user.
IMPORTANT: You must use this option, ONLY if you are a user who knows the appropriate code for the .htaccess file, otherwise it will cause an error 500 in the server and the store will be inoperative until the wrong code inserted is solved.
In this section you will find a button to regenerate the .htaccess file. Regeneration does NOT remove code that is already present in the file.
This section shows the problems that may occur and how to fix it:
After activating the “Increase website performance” option, a 500 error is displayed in Back-Office or Front Office.
- It is possible that the advanced code that are inserted when this option is activated, are not compatible with the the server. In that case you should delete the .htaccess file manually from FTP or from the hosting panel and disable this option in module configuration page, and then regenerate the .htaccess file, going to the “SEO & URL” section in Back-office and save the configuration . The file will be regenerated.
After customizing the .htaccess code, a 500 error is displayed in Back-Office or Front Office.
- You have configured a wrong code or one that is not compatible with the server configuration. In that case, you should delete the .htaccess file manually from FTP or from the hosting panel, and then regenerate the .htaccess file, going to the “SEO & URL” section in Back-office and save the configuration . The file will be regenerated.
After enabling Google reCaptcha, it is not visible in contact form
- Check if you have configured site key and secret key in module configuration page.